D’Addario EXL165 Nickel Wound Bass Strings
- Our best-selling electric bass strings, revered by players for their reliable performance and versatile tone.
- Nickel-plated steel wrap wire provides a bright, tight bass sound, great for a variety of musical genres.
- Like all D’Addario bass strings, XL Nickel are made with our proprietary Hex-Core, ensuring perfect intonation, consistent feel, and powerful durability.
- XL Nickel bass sets have a code on the recyclable VCI bag, which you can register to earn Players Circle points.
- XL Nickel bass guitar strings are made in the USA—drawn to our exacting specifications at our New York production facility.
XL Nickel are the industry standard in electric bass strings. With their clear fundamentals, booming tight lows, and reliable D’Addario construction, they’re trusted by players everywhere to handle any performance. XL Nickel bass strings are made with a high carbon steel core and wound with nickel-plated steel wrap wire, for consistently bright tone and smooth playability, great for a wide variety of bass styles. 45-105 Regular Light Top/Medium Bottom gauge sets have a great mix of tighter low-end with a comfortably balanced, bright top.